- Always choose 100% whole grains.
- Drinks lots of pure water, and avoid extra calories in sodas and fake juices.
- Read labels and avoid HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup), MSGs, and anything else you don’t understand
- Eat dark chocolate (70% cocoa) and drink red wine; they are excellent sources of antioxidants and flavonoids.
- You can usually cut the sugar amount in half or even substitute for half the amount in honey.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is nutritious and delicious, Greeks use it for EVERYTHING!
- Soak your legumes 24-48 hours for optimal digestion, changing the water too.
- Snack on raw fruits and veggies when you need a pick me up!
It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef.
Spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream; then beat them.
and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.
A microwave next to a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food
Moist and help it reheat faster.
Start putting torn newspaper in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers,
Put layers around the plants, overlapping as you go; cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic; they will not get through wet newspapers.
To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.
Reducing Static Cling:
Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and … Tada! … Static is gone.
Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water.
Dump out the hot water, but don’t dry cup. Next, add your ingredient (peanut butter, honey, etc.) and watch how easily it comes right out.
If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside,
Just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily.
Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It’s cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It’s also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn’t like when you tried it in your hair.
To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2 with Apple Cider Vinegar
And 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it ‘home,’ can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don’t have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!